About This Class
Step into the world of digital marketing with General Assembly. During our introductory workshop, explore the components of brand building and see how modern marketers drive successful campaigns using content, email, social media, paid advertising channels, and more. Using real-world case studies, you’ll:
- Break down the components of a digital marketing campaign.
- Survey today’s digital marketing landscape and its career opportunities.
- Learn to approach a marketing campaign by identifying your objectives first.
- Get hands-on practice identifying key performance indicators (KPIs).
Chart your own career path. Pick up where this workshop leaves off. Dive into the fundamentals in our five-week, online Digital Marketing Circuit or level up on the job in our on-campus Digital Marketing course.
- Understand the core functions & principles of digital marketing analytics
- Employ the same tools top companies use to activate & retain their customers
- Explain how a referral works and tools you can use to simplify that process
- Learn the basics of search engine marketing (SEM).
- Understand how social media marketing works and how to develop social content that works
- Understand how large-scale email deployment works, and when & how to send it
Prereqs & Preparation
Watch the following 5 videos (3 min total)
Objective-First Framework Video: https://generalassembly.wistia.com/medias/98gsiiel2k
Big data: https://generalassembly.wistia.com/medias/12cb6psj9a
About the Instructor
Liz Elfman Founder, E-Squared Agency
Liz Elfman is the founder of E-Squared Agency, a boutique communications studio based in DC and London. Previously, Liz worked as a marketing manager at Google for Entrepreneurs. Previously, Liz has also served as head of London marketing for General Assembly. Liz helped to grow GA London's community from less than 20,000 to 75,000+, with much of that success attributed to smart content and strategic partnerships. She has directly managed partnership development, content strategy, and audience alignment and acquisition.
We understand that, sometimes, plans change. If you can no longer make it to a class or workshop, please email us at least 7 days before the scheduled event date. No refunds will be given to cancellations made within a week of the class or workshop.